The wide private park of Poiano Resort permits its Guests to enjoy an olympic swimming pool (50x25 mt), furnished with sunbeds and parasols. Thanks to the panoramic view over Lake Garda, our swimming pool will give you moments of total relax. You'll have the chance not only to have a swim or sunbathing but also to take part of aqua-aerobics lessons!
Tennis lovers will take pleasure in playing on one of our 6 red clay tennis courts (4 floodlit in the evenings), surrounded by nature. Fabio Benato, teacher of the FIT (Italian Tennis Federation), it's available for private tennis lessons.
For those who want to stay fit on holiday, Poiano Resort offers a fully equipped gym with personal trainer.
The area of Poiano Resort is of particular interest to golfers. Many golf courses designated by famous architects are in the immediate vicinity of Poiano Resort: the closest is 4 km far, the furthest 35 km. Reception staff is available for tee-off time, golf cars and individual or group lessons. Guests of the Poiano Resort are also entitled to a special discount on putting greens from 10% - 20%.
Golf at Lake Garda:
• Golf Cà degli Ulivi (36 holes) ca. 4 km.
• Golf Club Paradiso del Garda by Jim Fazio (18 holes) ca. 25 km.
• Golf Club Verona by John Harris (18 holes) ca. 22 km.
• Golf Club Villafranca (18 holes) ca. 26 km.
• Chervò Golf San Vigilio (27 holes) ca. 22 km.
• Garda Golf by Cotton Pennick, Steel & Partners (27 holes) ca. 35 km.
• Arzaga Golf Club by Jack Nicklaus (18 holes) ca. 40 km.
• Golf il Colombaro (reachable by ferry) (9 holes) ca. 14 km.
• Golf Club Bogliaco (reachable by ferry) (18 holes) ca. 7 km.
Golf in the surronding:
• Golf Club Folgarida (18 holes) ca. 144 km.
• Franciacorta Golf Club by Pete Dye and Marco Croze (27 holes) ca. 90 km.
• Golf Club Vicenza by Peter Harradine and G. Cabrini ( 9 holes) ca. 87 km.
• Modena Golf by Bernhard LangeR (18 holes) ca. 130 km.
Contact us for further informations!
Lake Garda and Monte Baldo provide a natural paradise for mountain bikers and offer routes of every level of difficulty. For cyclists there is a Bus & Bike service available which accompanies cyclists to the top of Monte Baldo so they can enjoy the entire descent. Many routes have been designed to discover new landscapes, old villages, historical landmarks, through natural beauty spots around Lake Garda and on to the eastern hills between Garda and Malcesine.
Monte Baldo Tour
- Difficulty: medium/hard
- Duration: 5 hours
- Ascent: 400m
- Pedal along a classic and poignant route, climbing over Monte Baldo, and then descend towards the flattest area around Lake Garda for a more relaxing end to the route. Bus & Bike service available for the ascent.
- Difficulty: easy
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Ascent: 153 mt
- A steady yet stunning route that offers breathtaking, panoramic scenery. Cycle along the ancient roads traced between terraced olive groves and medieval hamlets.
- Difficulty: very hard
- Duration: 2.5-4 hours
- Ascent: 1.065 mt
- A route to be attempted only by the fittest: it includes a demanding ascent and requires skill for the challenging descent. Recommended for those who love a technical descent.
Contact us for further information!
Canyoning & Rafting
For the adventure sports lovers, the Garda-Baldo area, thanks to the Adige river, is well suited for activities such as canyoning and rafting.
Canyoning is a discipline that unites mountain climbing with river sports. It involves descending waterfalls, swimming for short stretches or letting the current transport you down river.
It gives you the sensation of penetrating into the heart of a mountain, where, up until now, only the immense currents of water have been able to access.
All the equipment you need can be hired and experts will guide you down some spectacular descents.
* * * *
Rafting consists of a descent of rivers aboard an inflatable and unsinkable boat called rafts. If you want to drift through greenery, rediscovering the beauty of nature in a new and exciting way, this is the right activity for you! It will be an unforgettable experience that will give you unique emotions.
Rafting experts organise guided dinghy excursions along the Adige river in Verona, or further north in the Verona province.
Contact us for further information!
Lake Garda territory area offers many opportunities for trekking and hiking. You'll love to walk surrounded by nature, while also enjoying other activities along the path, such as birdwatching, botanical species observation, monuments and towns visits.